COVID-19 Operating Policies
Last updated Oct. 1, 2022
Thank you for your patience as we've navigated the changing health guidelines througout the pandemic. We have returned to more normal operations with the following precautions based on local health authority and CDC guidelines.
All of our instructors are fully vaccinated and boosted. We strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated, for both Covid and seasonal flu, as soon as possible if you have not already. We are continuing to following CDC guidelines for wearing masks for certain transportation-related activities. While they do not name driving schools specifically, we are following the guidelines for ride-share related entities.
At this time, mask wearing is encouraged but optional for both students and instructors. Some of our instructors may also choose to continue wearing their own mask for their own safety and, as during stricter safety protocols, this will not interfere with the driving lesson.
To protect our students, Driving Instructors, and community, we will continue following these operating procedures until further notice.
- Instructors and students may wear face masks at their own discretion.
- Students and Instructors must be free of symptoms (see below) for at least 5 days prior to the lesson.
- Hand sanitizer is available in each vehicle.
- To further reduce contact during lessons, pre-payment for your lesson is highly encouraged. You can do this when scheduling or online before your lesson at baycitiesdrivingschool.com/payments. Contactless payment devices (Apple Pay or Google Pay) may also be available or payment at the start of the lesson.
- All third lessons for students under 18 (when a certificate issued) must be prepaid.
- During the lesson, car windows will be slightly open and ventilation fan will be on low with air recirculation turned off.
- Full vaccinations and boosters are strongly recommended.
- Must be free of symptoms (see below) for at least 5 days prior to the lesson.
- Wear a face mask during lessons. We prefer you use a mask that you are comfortable with but we will provide a disposable mask for you if you don’t have one.
- Prior to the lesson, practice wearing a mask for extended periods, preferably while practicing driving (after 1st lesson) or as a passenger in a car if possible. This is to ensure that the mask doesn't create an unfamiliar distraction while driving and the field of vision is unobstructed. It is particularly important if you wear glasses to practice wearing a mask such that it doesn't fog your glasses.
- Wash hands thoroughly before each lesson.